Thursday 14 October 2010

Beautiful poem written by one of our advanced Edson's students


Street Kid

I am a simple kid born in this wonderful world where everybody has a space,
a piece of land and a roof to live.
The ghetto and the streets of this city are my shelter.
I am a simple kid born and destined to be adopted by the streets of this city.
I spend the most part of my time washing cars,
suffering insult, even worse, humiliation.
So that in the end of the day I can win a piece of land, or 10 mets, sometimes none.
The worst is to recieve insult and scorn, in this way- my life goes on.

If my lucky day come I can get a sandwich or something more.
But when my lucky day doesn't come, it is only despised and sometimes I'm called by names that I don't like.

I still remember last night, when I was dressing without a blanket,
I just heard a voice saying "Hey kid, get away from there, go to school".
Sometimes I spend days and nights praying for me and for those who don't know what they are talking,
because I'm hopeful that I can see a light in the end of this tunnel.


Written by Severiano Francisco Xavier Gimo

3 comments:

  1. hey guy, areal like it. it very fine, continue how you is. congratulation kid. hahahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. those people fine are helping you studing

    ReplyDelete
  3. agora ca entre nos que pecture e esta para nao falar do skill que quase nao existe ai, hahah tas matreco kid, wrotte by almiro adriano torres Ribas.

    ReplyDelete